Almond butter is very creamy and versatile in nature. So, you should know how to make almond butter in a blender. The preparation process is very easy.
However, you must take the help of a powerful blender. It is true that working with soft nuts, such as peanuts and cashews is easy than almonds. But, the procedure of this post will help you to do the task with the ease.
How to make Almond Butter in a BlenderPrint
Learn how you can make homemade almond butter in a blender
- 3 cups Almond ((whole unsalted))
- 1 tbsp Melted Coconut oil ((Optional))
- Start the procedure by preheating the oven to 120°C. Now, spread all the almonds on a baking sheet (lined). Remember, the layer must be even. Now, give those a light roast for around 10-15 minutes. They must be warm after getting outside of the oven.
- It’s time for adding the almonds to a powerful blender. Now, start blending. The almonds would undergo a couple of stages before reaching the ultimate output. They will first become sandy and coarse after one to two minutes. And then, it will start becoming a sticky, thick almond paste. It is due to the extraction of almond oils.
- If the almond butter is not getting this consistency, you should add melted coconut oil of one tablespoon. You can substitute coconut oil with any other oil of neutral flavor oil. If your jar is very small, you can take out half of the mixture.
- Do not forget to stop blending every few minutes for scraping down. Continue the blending process as long as you are getting a creamy, smooth texture. The whole process can take 5-30 minutes, based on your blender.
- Now, take it out from the blender and add to an airtight concealer followed by refrigeration. You can use this almond butter for a maximum of two weeks. This amount of ingredient would make around 20 tablespoons of almond butter.
Even you can make use of any roasted almonds. However, it’s better to use the unroasted and unsalted version. As a result, you can easily customize the salt addition into your almond butter.
If you purchase pre-roasted almonds then Remember, different brands’ roasted almonds are different in taste. So, you must taste the almonds before using those for making almond butter.
Remember, the flavor will be denser following the preparation.
You can use common table salt if you cannot sea salt. However, larger crystals of salt would work better. But, you can go for one variation, as per your choice.
- Category: Breakfast, dinner
- Cuisine: almond, coconut oil
- Calories: 160
Keywords: How to make almond butter in a blender
What are the best blender to make almond butter ?
For almond butter, a regular blender will not be enough. You need at least 700 watt plus motors with high RPM. For making almond butter I always prefer Blendtec and Vitamix blenders. Although you can use any high-end ninja blender too.
How to make salted almond butter ?
Start the procedure by adding roasted, unsalted almonds to a powerful blender. Keep blending it on low until it becomes creamy. Now, scrape down using a spatula, if needed.
It’s time for adding half teaspoon of salt at one time. And then again you should start blending for a couple of seconds after every addition of salt. Keep on doing the same as long as the mixture’s flavor becomes perfect, as per your taste.
Now, shift the mixture to an airtight container followed by storing it in your refrigerator.
can I use pre-roasted almond ?
Yup you can. But it might be more expensive compare to un-roasted almond. Where as by spending 10-15 minutes you can roast your almond easily.
Do I need to add oil ?
In my recipe, I use coconut oil, instead of these you can use any type of oil. Even if you don’t want to use any oil that also possible. oil is mainly used to maintain thickness and consistency.
Some Key Health Benefits of Almonds
You might know almonds to be well-known tree nuts. These nuts are loaded with healthy fiber, monounsaturated fats, protein as well as a lot of other essential nutrients.
Do you know almonds are one of the ideal sources of vitamin E in the world? Moreover, the consumption of vitamin E offers a number of health benefits.
Almonds are rich in Magnesium. Many people do not get enough of this nutrient. It’s important to note that high consumption of magnesium might improve type 2 diabetes as well as metabolic syndrome. Low magnesium intake can result in high blood pressure. That means almonds may help to maintain healthy blood pressure.
Consumption of almonds on a daily basis can alleviate “bad” LDL cholesterol to some extent. It can further lower the risk of heart ailments.
Do you know oxidation of LDL cholesterol can cause heart disease in the future? The good news is almonds can lower oxidized LDL. Moreover, you will feel fullness after eating almonds and it will help you to manage your calorie intake.
So, you have learned how to make almond butter in a blender, right? It’s time to start making almond butter with your knowledge.