If you’re someone who loves the French press coffee, then we understand that you’ll be looking to grind your own coffee beans to the perfect coarseness just before brewing for attaining that freshness. And trust me by investing in the very best coffee grinder for French press, you’ll get that perfect grind every time.
So, if you’re in the quest for the best grinder for French press coffee, then, you are in the right place. In our coffee grinder for French press, reviews guide we not only explain the different types of French press coffee grinder options and their features, but we’ll also provide you with a user’s guide that tells you what to look for in a coffee grinder for French press.
So, no matter whether you’re after the best burr grinder for French press or the best electric coffee grinder for French press or you just want to buy the best budget coffee grinder, in the following write-up, you will find a French press grinder that’s just perfect for you in. And, if you’re looking for a simple brewing method that needs no machine and takes just five minutes of your time to execute, then the French press is the obvious answer.
However, for French press coffee, you’ll need a coarse grind but no issues as all because the grinders we are highlighting below are capable of grinding your beans to the required size. So, here are the grinders that you’re going to explore in the following write-up.
Best Electric Coffee Grinder for French Press
Sboly conical burr coffee grinder
This electric burr mill comes up with total ease of use as you can operate it with a one-button operation and it has a 12 cup capacity. Moreover, you will always get the finest ground coffee along with the exact amount desired and guess what? It will come with an additional benefit of automatic shut down when the grinding process is complete. So, you can start your day with the finest grounds for the finest coffee. Some other important features of this grinder are as follows:
- This sboly conical burr grinder is equipped with the stainless steel conical burr design. And this professional grade conical burr coffee grinder ensures that none of the coffee beans essential oils are lost during the process of oxidation. That means this grinder ensuring the richest quality flavor and aroma.
- Additionally, it comes up with 19 precise grind settings. It also has the customized grinding texture that is efficient to keep the natural flavor of any coffee beans. So, this grinder is for all of your brewing needs. That means, this ultra-uniform grinding burr grinder can handle the automatic brewers coffee makers, espressos, and anything in-between.
- It has 1-12 cups adjustable grinding amount. So, you can choose the amount freely up to 12 cups. It suits your grinding needs as well as it has the resealable dust-proof lid which keeps your coffee fresher for longer. It has more compact design for ease of use as well as storage and it is also good in looks with a fashionable stainless steel appearance.
- Last but not the least it is sturdy and durable as well. With FDA and ETL Certificates, this electric burr coffee grinder has been equipped with a powerful motor, safety lock as well as a blue light completion indicator.
Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder
The Baratza Encore conical burr coffee grinder comes up with adjustable settings that work great for drip as well as manual brewing and this is also fine enough for espresso. So, this machine is affordable and versatile and works on 230V so you don’t need to use a converter! Moreover, this is a step grinder and it comes with 40 individual grind settings, from fine to coarse. However, the specially designed burrs of this coffee grinder also give a precise grind at the finest setting. It provides you with minimal fines for a flavorful and balanced extraction while making espresso. Other features of this coffee grinder are as follows..
- The Encore 40 mm conical burrs are designed to grind for many styles of coffee. So, the conical burrs grinders are exceptional at producing the consistent grinds from very fine to very coarse. Moreover, these are durable and remain sharp for many years.
- It allows you to adjust grind settings with its grind adjustment feature. So, you just need to turn the hopper and with 40 settings you can quickly adjust the grinder from fine for espresso to coarse for French Press. However, the grind range is from 250 to 1200 microns.
- It also comes with a powerful, high torque DC motor which effortlessly drives the burrs. This motor however turns slowly resulting in cool and quiet operation. However, it permits the long grinding duty-cycles. And, the circuitry is equipped with an automatically resetting and a thermal cutoff switch.
- In addition to all the above features, an innovative burr calibration system is given in this grinder to ensure that each grinder has the full range of grind.
- This coffee grinder also equipped with unique speed control. Moreover, the Encore uses a combination of gear and electronic speed reduction which can control the rotation of the burr to 450 RPM. This electronic speed controller is adjustable between the range of 405 to 495 RPM. So, you can adjust it as per your specific conditions i.e. as per your required modification of the speed. However, this slow speed reduces the heat, noise, as well as the static generation in the grinder. Although, it also ensures that the beans can be feeded smoothly into the burrs.
- Last but not the least, these burrs are easily removable with the need of no tools which makes its cleaning very easy.
Cuisinart dbm-8 Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill
The DBM-8 supreme grind automatic burr mill is a budget-friendly grinder that has the added benefit of being fitted with burr mill instead of blades. So, this grinder makes the process of grinding your beans fresh extremely approachable. Additionally, it’s small, good-looking, and uncomplicated to use. Some other features of this burr mill include:
- This grinder is equipped with a set of ceramic block burrs which is probably unexpected for a beginner grinder. Also, it is one of the loudest burr grinders you’ve ever came across.
- Moreover, the DBM-8 has an in-built safety feature which ensures that the grinder won’t run until the bean hopper along with the grounds bin are properly in place. Therefore, we appreciate the safety which this feature has afforded to you.
- This Cuisinart burr coffee grinder is also equipped with removable plastic bean hopper with 8-oz capacity.
- This is aesthetic looking coffee grinder as despite having an all-plastic body, the fit and finish of this mill are up to the standards of Cuisinart’s premium products. Also, the exterior of the grinder has been given an Aluminum finish and black accents. So, it ensures that it will look good in your kitchen.
- The grinder is a compact, lightweight machine which will not occupy much space in your kitchen so it’s up to you whether you keep it on your countertop or inside a cabinet.
- Last but not least feature of this burr mill is its ease of cleaning. As you must understand that all burr grinders need to be cleaned periodically so that they can be in their proper working order. So, to help you do that, the DBM-8 has been designed with a removable hopper which makes its cleaning super easy.
OXO Brew Conical Burr Grinder
When it comes to coffee then, Do you what makes your coffee a cup-of-joe? It is the perfect grounds which make it. The Oxo brew conical burr coffee grinder however helps you to make every coffee cup the best part of your day. Moreover, this burr grinder has different modes to make a cup that can be exactly how you like it.
All you need to do is to just add your favorite beans to the grinder and choose from a lot of choices available of grind settings. You can also press fine for espresso to coarse for French press. It allows you to load the beans, turn the dial for grind-time and press start and yes every cup of coffee will be as perfect as you ever wanted.
OXO understands that crafting Coffee is a ritual which is worth savoring. But, at the same time making things easier doesn’t have to mean sacrificing quality. That’s why they have brought their new conical burr Coffee grinder which comes with a simple and intuitive design while delivering consistent grinds no matter how you choose to brew. And the voltage is 120V/60Hz.
Some other exciting features are as follows:
- This coffee grinder is durable because it has been made of 40 millimeter stainless steel conical burrs which create uniform grounds for optimal flavor extraction.
- This also comes up with 15 settings (plus Micro settings) which let you adjust your grind to suit your taste.
- Moreover, the one touch start timer has been given to you for keeping your last setting. So, you just need to push to grind.
- Grounds container can accommodate up to “110 grams” which is enough for 12 cups. However, you should never use water or other liquids to clean the inside of the grinder/burrs.
Bodum Bistro Burr Grinder
The Bodum Bistro burr grinder is a great grinder for the beginner as it comes on a budget and it gives you an intro to the world of manual coffee with its unique design, simple to use features, and affordable price. Moreover, the Bodum Bistro burr grinder doesn’t looks like a dull kitchen appliance but it looks like a fancy restaurant gizmo. Its appearance is so beautiful that you’ll place it front and center on your countertop. However, it has got some other features as well. Let’s discuss…
- The 160-watt motor drives with the 35 mm conical steel burrs at a steady speed of 720 RPM. However, it isn’t the quietest motor out there, but with a little noise it produces a consistent grind which is as per Perfect Daily Grind.
- Moreover, the Bodum coffee maker has fitted this machine with a friction clutch so, if any stones get into the burrs then the grinder will make a rattling noise to indicate the stone’s presence. So, I must say that it’s a nice touch in a budget grinder.
- This product by bodum is funky and chic with a modern touch and a playfully minimalist flair. Moreover, it’s available in five beautiful colors with contrasting switches. So, in the crowded burr grinder world, this grinder undoubtedly stands out.
- It’s a small and lightweight machine which is an absolute breeze to use whether you want to pull it forward to reload the hopper or you just want to store it under your cabinet after grinding it easy to move and port.
- Last but not the least, the contrasting buttons on the Bodum Bistro makes it an intuitive system. So, you just need to load your beans into the hopper and adjust the grind size by twisting the hopper. Then, you switch on the power button on the side, set the timer dial, and push the on/off button next to the timer. It’s as simple to operate.
Best Electric Grinder For French Press – Buyer’s Guide
However, buying a grinder for your French press isn’t so complicated but still, there are, a few things that you should keep in mind while buying a coffee grinder to ensure that you get the best grinder for your needs.
Price undoubtedly plays an important role in any purchasing decision that you make. However, it shouldn’t necessarily be the deciding factor but still it’s important to set a budget so that you can afford it. And once you have settled on a price range, then it will become easier for you to take a decision because you can put away many options aside.
Apart from size, you need to consider the size of your coffee grinder because grinders come in a vast array of sizes i.e. there are some grinders which come in the ultra-compact size whereas others come in much bulkier sizes. So, the amount of counter space you have is the key factor to decide the size of your grinder. However, there’s not as such that it is a better size and it’s not, but you just look for the size that works best for your circumstances.
Manual or Electric?
This is one of the first choices that you’ll need to make. You should bear in mind first that whether you want a manual grinder or electric one. A manual grinder requires you to put in more efforts. But at the same time, manual grinders are smaller and easier to carry. Moreover, these are much quieter as well.
But talking about the electric grinder, it has its specific benefits as well. With an electric grinder, you are paying more but getting more convenience because all you need to do is to load the hopper, choose your grind size, and hit the switch. So, the only deciding factor will be your answer of which of these styles will be the best fit for you.
Blade or Burr Grinder?
This is the point where you can face a dilemma situation because a blade grinder is undeniably the cheapest way to enjoy the freshly ground coffee. But, the results in terms of coarseness of coffee can be inconsistent which is obviously not good. Moreover, blade grinders also generate a degree of unwanted heat.
Whereas, talking about burr grinders, these are much pricier. But, if you think it from return on investment point of view, then they don’t seem such a bad deal. With the rugged durability and the capability of providing a superior coffee means that a burr grinder is the best choice for you.
We hope you’ve found this guide “best coffee grinder for French press” helpful and it has hopefully given you some handy pointers. As we understand that Fresh coffee is one of life’s small pleasures therefore we presented the best picks of all the choice available in the market. Now with this information you can choose the right grinder for yourself. Stay tuned and keep in touch for more such interesting reviews.