What is Peanut Butter?
Peanut Butter is a smooth and creamy paste made with help of grounded peanuts and is generally eaten by spreading it on breads or chapattis.
Best Blender to make peanut Butter 2019
Last update on 2020-06-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Usage of Ninja blender
Purchase of ‘’Ninja blender’’ is a blessing in disguise as it has become an asset for a homemaker. It has the distinction of being important equipment for kitchen because it produces qualitative results. This blender is easily available in market and is widely used by people for making smoothies and shakes. One food item that is specifically made with the help of this blender is peanut butter as it helps in achieving required density to peanut butter. Distinguishing features of this blender have helped it to become a common and necessary household appliance.
Simple guidelines in making of peanut butter
Are you trying to make something delicious and healthy that is yummy, as well as hassle free in making, then one such item that comes to mind is definitely peanut butter. With very few ingredients and minimum preparation time it is an appropriate item for breakfast.
Ingredients for preparing peanut butter
A vital tool for making incredible peanut butter is a good blender and ‘’Ninja Blender’’ is one such awesome appliance. Ingredients required for its making are peanuts and a bit of salt for taste.
Recipe for preparation of peanut butter through this blender
Everyone is aware that it is quite easy to make peanut butter but until and unless one goes through the process of actual preparation, one cannot be confident of making it properly. Actual process of making peanut butter is ridiculously easy and straightforward. In order to understand this, one must go through the following guidelines that are simple and undemanding.
- Main ingredient for making peanut butter is peanuts and it is up to us to decide whether we want peanut butter from salted or unsalted peanuts.
- It is definitely better to use shelled peanuts of either variety as it tastes better
- Second step in making peanut butter involves pouring peanuts in this blender..
- It is advisable to blend it in position “1” of a blender at first as low speed helps in breaking and grinding of peanuts
- Next step is very straightforward and it involves flipping the blender to position ‘’2’’. Speed setting to medium is necessary as churning for few minutes helps in making smoother and creamier paste
- Continue to blend it on until the desired density is achieved
- One must pay attention to the sides of a blender. It is prudent to scrape down the creamy sides at regular intervals so as to avoid any lumps
- Next step involves addition of salt to this paste according to taste
- Now transfer this paste to a jar or bowl
- In very few cases, one can straightaway use this peanut butter paste on bread or chapattis or in most cases; one can chill or refrigerate it. For this it is necessary to place it in a refrigerator for a minimum of eight hours , so that it thickens to required consistency and density
- If kept in open, this paste lasts for a single day , but if it is kept in a refrigerator, this homemade peanut butter can last for a maximum of seven days
Nutritional contents of homemade peanut butter prepared through this blender
Peanut butter is often termed as a balanced source of energy as it provides a variety of macronutrients to a human body. If a person is eating a small portion supposedly of one hundred grams, then it has five hundred and eighty-eight calories and its total contents include-
- Fats – fifty grams that is nearly seventy two percent of total calories
- Protein – twenty five grams and it is nearly fifteen per cent of the total calories
- Carbohydrates – twenty grams and it is nearly thirteen percent of calories
Although, peanut butter is rich in calories but it is also fairly nutritious and healthy as it also contains Manganese, Copper, Iron, Zinc, Potassium, Magnesium, Folate, Vitamin B5, Vitamin E, Vitamin B6 and Vitamin B3.
Advantages and of disadvantages of eating peanut butter
Most people love eating a sandwich that has peanut butter smeared between the bread slices as it is healthy as well as appetizing. Some benefits of eating peanut butter are as follows-
- Peanut butter includes healthy dose of numerous minerals and various vitamins
- It also contains protein that is necessary for human body
- Eating it in its natural form fits every nutritional diet plan
- It is an ideal breakfast meal as its density is apt for spreading it on and between breads
- Peanut butter has restricted salt contents and in most cases do not have any harmful effect on patients with cardiovascular disease
- Peanut butter assures health benefits as it contains nutrients that are biologically active.
- It also has antioxidant qualities that results in minimising risks of stomach cancer
- Presence of small quantity of Q10 helps in process of energy metabolism
Following are some of the adverse effects of eating peanut butter
- It is advisable to eat peanut butter in moderate quantities as additional minerals and vitamins results in an increase of fats in our body. One must never indulge in unreasonable amounts as it can lead to harmful effects
- It is prudent to check the ingredient list of peanut butter if it has been purchased from a market. They often have added sugar contents that can prove harmful for diabetic patients
Peanut butter is simple and easy in making and its healthy quotient makes it a favourite of homemakers. They generally store it in a refrigerator so that its density remains thick and texture retains its freshness.
Few frequently asked questions about making peanut butter from this blender
- Is it possible to make peanut butter at home?
Making peanut butter at home is simple and straightforward and therefore possible with help of a “Ninja blender”
- What are the main ingredients required for making peanut butter at home?
Only two ingredients are required to make peanut butter at home and they are peanuts and salt
- Is peanut butter paste long-lasting?
If kept in refrigerator, peanut butter paste can last up to seven days.
Kitchentoolsmaster.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.ca Inc. or its affiliates.