Introducing homemade butter
One can easily find references to butter from earliest times. Although times have changed and process of creaming butter may have been modernised to some extent but people still crave for homemade butter than the packaged one. Traditionally butter is made from cream and is used as a spread on bread and chapatti rolls.
Make Butter With Blender
Last update on 2019-01-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Using Ninja Blender for creaming butter
Making butter at home is a very easy process that involves a blender with up-to-date features. In order to make butter that tastes great one must acquire “Ninja Blender’’ as its distinctive quality helps in churning the cream to required density. Working with this blender has helped to ease the extra burden from a homemaker’s shoulders and resulted in smooth running of kitchen.
Guidelines for making butter at home through This Blender
Making your own butter at home is cheaper, safer and healthier. You have sole control over butter making process and this result in maintaining full flavours. Although creaming butter at home sounds cumbersome but actually is a very simple process. It is necessary to know the ingredients and process making before undertaking any venture as step by step procedure help in yielding perfect results.
Ingredients for creaming butter through this blender are as follows-
- Salt is optional
- Spoon or a ladle
In order to experience tasty and qualitative butter one must pursue following recipe –
- Cream is a main ingredient for making butter and it is necessary to maintain quality and freshness of cream. Traditionally cream from milk is always cultured for a few days and kept in a refrigerator or a cool and dry place. This accumulated cream is generally used for butter making process as it has a unique flavour of its own.
- Next step is to defrost the cream. It is possible by taking out the accumulated cream from refrigerator and leaving it out in open at room temperature for a minimum of forty to sixty minutes.
- Pour defrosted cream in such a jar so that it is convenient to use this blender.
- One must never fill the jar to maximum capacity as churning will not be possible. It is prudent to half fill the jar for better and fast results.
- Now switch the blender to position ‘’2’’ as moderate speed will help cream to form a uniform density.
- Cream will now start to smoothen and after few minutes it is better to flip blender to position ‘’3’’so as to increase its speed
- You must continue at this speed as persistent whipping will help in thickening of cream and ultimately lead to separation of butter and buttermilk. One can easily hear changing sounds as moving cream turns to whipped cream and then breaks to butter. One can now easily see butter lumps floating above buttermilk through glass jar
- White homemade butter is now collected through a spatula or a spoon in a separate bowl or container
In order to keep and maintain freshness of butter it is necessary to follow some simple precautions.
- Add cool water on butter and rinse it properly for at least three times by pressing it and folding it aside. This helps in removal of any remaining milk proteins and lactose. It is a necessary precaution as lactose and milk proteins are main culprits that make butter rancid in a short duration.
- Now pour off excessive water and continue kneading with a spatula or a spoon until butter becomes a nice lump like a ball
- Some people add salt to butter at this time for special flavour, but in most cases, butter is used in its natural form without any added salt. It is simply a case of personal preference.
The whole process takes maximum half an hour but yields fresh butter that has enhanced flavour and great nourishing value. We have now homemade cream butter that is ready to use and excessive amount can easily be stored in a refrigerator for further use.
Advantages and disadvantages of creaming butter through Ninja Blender
Homemade cream butter is nutritional powerhouse as it includes numerous vitamins like K-2, D and E, fats and Linoleic acid that prevents heart diseases. Every coin has twin sides and it is prudent to understand both benefits and side effects as it has a direct effect on the health of every individual. Following are the advantages of using homemade butter derived from this blender.
- Homemade butter tastes great as it retains its full flavour
- One can spread it on breads, muffins and even dinner rolls at any given time as it is easily available at home
- Baked goodies taste better as fresh butter which we are using is derived through this blender and it has thick and consistent density.
- In most cases, dietary cholesterol has no harmful effects on blood cholesterol.
- Valuable nutrients in butter maintains health by providing the required amounts of fats to body cells
- Dietary fats in homemade butter help in proper functioning of human brain and provide ample support to immune system.
- Fats found in butter provide protection to liver, fights numerous diseases, regulates digestive system and leaves us with a feeling of contentment.
- Healthy and long hair as well as clear skin are a direct results of eating dietary fats in butter and cream
Besides benefits eating butter can also result in adverse effects and it is sensible to be aware of every facet.
- Dietary fats found in butter are necessary part of health regime but they can prove harmful if eaten excessively.
- Moderation is an essential key for better health results as added fats increases body weight and provides a feeling of tiredness to body.
Frequently asked queries about creaming butter are as follows
Is it possible to make butter at home?
Yes, it is possible to cream butter at home with help of Ninja Blender as it provides the necessary density to cream that result in formation of butter.
Is homemade butter much more long lasting than commercial butter?
Homemade butter lasts up to a maximum of seven days if kept properly in a refrigerator but commercial butter lasts longer as it has added preservatives that are not found in homemade butter.