And we’re back with another review of easy breakfast burrito recipes. This time we’re talking about healthy burrito recipes. These easy breakfast burrito recipes are simple to prepare and pack a wholesome and nutritional punch. They are easy to follow when preparing a healthy burrito recipe and they are even easier to finish. Another great thing about these easy breakfast burrito recipes, apart from the fact that they are healthy burrito recipes is the fact that they are meant to be served as a snack as well as a wholesome meal. So whether outdoors or at home, you can rest assured that children and adults alike will jump at the breakfast table as soon as the smell hits their nostrils.
Now, as easy and simple as these recipes are in cooking, they will take a bit. So in the meantime, let’s talk about these healthy burrito recipes and the easy breakfast burrito recipes, to say a few words about your responsibilities and concerns for the preparations phase (we’re only assuming that you’ll be preparing these because you’re the one reading).
Also, since you are reading this, we assume that you will be in charge of making sure that the ingredients involved in preparing these easy breakfast burrito recipes and healthy burrito recipes will sit well with all members of your adventure club or family. Following this, even though these easy breakfast burrito recipes have been measured according to standardized sizes, we know that these healthy burrito recipes are quick to prepare and fall in love with, so make sure that you have enough to serve extras in the while the children lick their fingers and adults, well acting like children, whine for more. On a final note, once done, clean up after yourselves because whether your on a picnic or on a hike, properly disposing off the disposable equipment that you will be taking with you and using when preparing or eating is an obligation not an option. Now go and check out the recipes.
How to make an easy breakfast burrito
- 10gms oil – Vegetable, cooking, canola as preferred
- 20gms onion – chopped or diced
- bell pepper – red or green depending on taste preference, diced
- 1 cup black beans – canned or packaged, if canned, drain syrup
- ~1gms chili – ground, powdered
- black pepper, hot sauce and salt – peppers should be powdered
- 4 eggs and 4 egg whites
- 40gms cheese – grated
- Cooking spray
- 4 tortillas (large or medium)
- 2oz sour cream
- 2oz salsa
- 4oz tomatoes – seeded and chopped
- 4oz avocado – diced
How to prepare it?
- Preheat a frying pan over medium heat.
- Heat the cooking oil of your choice.
- Add the diced onions and peppers stirring to avoid burns until onions are golden brown.
- Add the beans and sprinkle with the ground/powdered pepper stirring for another few minutes.
- Sprinkle salt and black pepper.
- Take the contents of the pan and leave aside for a bit.
- While stirring, add the eggs. Then do the same for the whites.
- Then add grated cheese.
- With the frying pan free, layer with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Add the egg mixture and reduce heat to fry until well cooked.
- Spread the tortillas layering it with sour cream.
- Layer with the salsa then add bean mixture.
- Add the scrambled egg mixture on top with chopped tomatoes and avocado.
- Add hot sauce to top it all off.
- Lastly roll them into burritos and serve while still hot.
Serves 4 adults with a preparation time of almost 40 mins.
Burritos have the feeling of a “snack” to them even when prepared into a meal as explained above. Hence are a favorite for any mealtime as well age groups. Children love them and feeding them to children for breakfast will ensure they get the adequate supply of nutrition they need to start their day off the right and healthy way.
Much like other well-rounded recipes they also have the added benefit of being able to accommodate almost any ingredient that you may find under the sun. A pro-vegan diet or a meat or chicken based version is just easy to prepare and the presentation of it all makes it just as visually appealing favoring the finger-licking, lip smacking taste.
All the above taken into consideration, burritos need close attention when preparing and even though are pretty much the same to prepare no matter what the ingredients are, you need to prepare some parts separately. Hence preparing it is pretty much simple but can be overwhelming for a first timer.
On top of this, burritos have a tendency to be heavy for digestion, which is obvious by the number of the ingredients and the fact that they are nutritious. That makes them a bit difficult to sustain for children as a breakfast meal but will definitely give them everything they need to start their day right.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do burritos come from?
Mexico, primarily. But they are generally considered a tex-mex recipe.
Are tacos and burritos the same thing?
For the most part. The main difference is the fact that a taco is half open forming a boat like shape and the burrito is folded completely into a roll.
Are burritos primarily meant for breakfast?
No, they’re not. But the tradition of eating them in breakfast comes from America where they are used as a whole meal easy for eating while on commuting.
Should burritos be frozen?
No. That’s the one word answer. And it should be stuck to. Because any amount of reheating or thawing will likely damage the tortilla used to wrap the fillings because of the sauces already present and the water content that will undoubtedly be released by ingredients such as the meat or sour cream. Specific this recipe, the eggs will not last either so freezing should be avoided at all costs.