- 1 cup Oats
- In order to make necessary oat flour one must buy ‘’rolled oats’’. Plain oats are best for making food items instead of flavored oats and they are also easily available in every grocery store. If a person is going to use oat flour immediately it is sensible to measure oats a bit more than the required amount because once they settle down after becoming flour its volume decreases. A person ends up with ¾th quantity of the original oats after grinding.
- Ninja blender is a standard device that is useful in grinding oats to make oat flour. Simply pour the required amount of oats into a blender and switch it to position ‘’2’’. After few seconds medium speed of a blender helps in crushing oats. It is prudent to stop and mix the oats once again in a blender. After stirring it for few minutes switch the blender to position ‘’3’’ for few seconds. High speed of blender will help in creating the required oat flour that has a powdery and fine consistency. It has a similar resemblance to wheat flour.
- Oat flour is now ready to use and if extra can be stored in an airtight container in a place that is dry and cool for long lasting usage. Usually, oat flour lasts for a period of six months in the refrigerator and for nearly two-three months in a kitchen cupboard.
- Oat flour does not contain gluten and hence must be added with another substitute ingredient for making a baked product
- It can be used as a thickener while making different types of sauce
- Oat flour can be easily added with wheat flour to make healthy and delicious products
- Oat flour provides a sweet, light and distinctive taste to baked dishes
Keywords: make oat flour in blender, make oat flour in vitamix