Learn how you can make homemade almond butter in a blender
- 3 cups Almond ((whole unsalted))
- 1 tbsp Melted Coconut oil ((Optional))
- Start the procedure by preheating the oven to 120°C. Now, spread all the almonds on a baking sheet (lined). Remember, the layer must be even. Now, give those a light roast for around 10-15 minutes. They must be warm after getting outside of the oven.
- It’s time for adding the almonds to a powerful blender. Now, start blending. The almonds would undergo a couple of stages before reaching the ultimate output. They will first become sandy and coarse after one to two minutes. And then, it will start becoming a sticky, thick almond paste. It is due to the extraction of almond oils.
- If the almond butter is not getting this consistency, you should add melted coconut oil of one tablespoon. You can substitute coconut oil with any other oil of neutral flavor oil. If your jar is very small, you can take out half of the mixture.
- Do not forget to stop blending every few minutes for scraping down. Continue the blending process as long as you are getting a creamy, smooth texture. The whole process can take 5-30 minutes, based on your blender.
- Now, take it out from the blender and add to an airtight concealer followed by refrigeration. You can use this almond butter for a maximum of two weeks. This amount of ingredient would make around 20 tablespoons of almond butter.
Even you can make use of any roasted almonds. However, it’s better to use the unroasted and unsalted version. As a result, you can easily customize the salt addition into your almond butter.
If you purchase pre-roasted almonds then Remember, different brands’ roasted almonds are different in taste. So, you must taste the almonds before using those for making almond butter.
Remember, the flavor will be denser following the preparation.
You can use common table salt if you cannot sea salt. However, larger crystals of salt would work better. But, you can go for one variation, as per your choice.
- Category: Breakfast, dinner
- Cuisine: almond, coconut oil
- Calories: 160
Keywords: How to make almond butter in a blender