Margarita is a liqueur that is primarily made from lemon juice, triple sec and tequila. It is a well-known alcoholic cocktail that is easily available in every bar and restaurant. People love this traditional drink and it is offered in various variations like fresh-lime juice, flavoured liqueur and frozen margarita.
- 1 How to make a margarita with help of a blender
- 2 Guidelines on how to make a Margarita with help of a blender
- 3 Advantages and disadvantages of drinking Margarita
- 4 Some frequently asked questions related with how to make a Margarita are as follows-
- 5 Let’s see this sample tutorial video
How to make a margarita with help of a blender
Although people tend to enjoy a glass of margarita in a restaurant but it is also easy to make this drink at home. However, the big question is how to make a margarita at home. A blender is very useful for this purpose as it helps in making this cocktail drink without any extra effort.
Guidelines on how to make a Margarita with help of a blender
Margaritas have always been a hit with party lovers as it is simple in making and delicious in taste. In order to make a perfect margarita one must gather all essential ingredients in advance. Following are necessary ingredients on making a margarita at home-
- Lime juice
- Triple sec
- Sugar according to preference and taste
- Ice according to inclination
How to make a margarita is a popular question. It becomes quite easy if one has a perfect recipe and if he/she follows every instructions carefully. Following are some important guidelines that will prove beneficial in making of a margarita-
- First step in making any drink is to plug in a blender but special care must be taken to keep it in off position. Now, one can pour all ingredients properly one by one
- Firstly, one must pour few cubes of ice in a blender. Next pour triple sec and after that a bit of lime juice on top of ice-cubes.
- Switch on a blender to position ‘’2’’ for a few minutes so that medium speed helps in crushing ice and blending every ingredient appropriately.
- This will help in obtaining a smooth mixture with even consistency. If drink seems a bit thick one can add few more ice cubes. Now churn it once again on position ‘’2’’ of medium speed until desired density is acquired. Pour drink in tall and special glasses and serve.
One of the most important steps before serving is to garnish a margarita correctly as looks do play an important role in making a drink hit or fail amongst patrons. Following steps can be taken to decorate a margarita in a glass-
- You can simply run a lime wedge all around a glass rim with either salt or sugar
- A piece of lime can be inserted on a glass rim to make it attractive
- One can even add few fruits to a blender so as to give it an unique taste
- If for any reason one is unable to obtain lime wedges, then it is appropriate to use bottled juice of lime for coating a glass rim of every margarita
Advantages and disadvantages of drinking Margarita
How to make a margarita is not the only question one faces. The next important one is whether there are any health benefits in drinking this alcoholic drink as people tend to identify alcohol consumption with ill-health. Although it may look a bit confusing but it is believed that drinking alcoholic cocktails like margarita in small quantities can prove beneficial in long run. If a person is fit and fine then he is allowed two drinks per day and a female is allowed one drink per day. Following are benefits of drinking a margarita in limited capacities-
- It is believed that tequila in margarita helps in stimulating appetite of a person. If a person drinks one glass after dinner it can help in process of digestion
- Margarita can help in minimizing anxiety levels
- It can aid in better sleep
- It reduces risk of diabetes
- Cocktails like margaritas helps in reducing risk of gallstones in a body
- In some rare cases, cocktails have been helpful in avoiding strokes
- It helps in minimizing risks of heart attack
- It also limits problems related with cardiovascular diseases
Excessive drinking of any alcoholic drink even cocktails like margarita is very harmful for human body. One must take special care so that a person drinks it in moderate quantities and that to occasionally. Following are some negative impacts of drinking margarita in abundance-
- It is generally seen that regular drinking of margarita in large quantities have a direct affect on pancreas and they become infected with Pancreatitis even in very young age
- Alcohol related drinks like margarita are an important reason for spreading of cancer in liver, breast, esophageal, pharynx and mouth
- In major cases, alcoholic cocktail consumption results in strokes
- Brain Atrophy and Cirrhosis are other side effects of alcohol consumption
- In pregnancy, margarita consumption must be totally avoided as it can lead to sudden miscarriages, malformations and even other problems related to fetus
- Drinking and driving is strictly prohibited as a person can cause accidents and thus serious damages
- Drinking can also lead to various cardiovascular problems
Certain conditions forbid drinking of any alcohol related cocktails like margarita. Some of them are as follows–
- If a person has been suffering from liver problems
- If an individual is having problems in pancreas
- If his/ her digestive system is being affected
- If a person is having a history of strokes
It is better to avoid tequila contained margarita if he/she is taking the following medications-
- Sleeping pills
- Pain relievers
- Beta blockers
- Medicines related to diabetes
- Medicines for heart diseases
How to make a margarita at home?
Making margarita at home is possible if a person has a good blender and even better recipe. One has to simply follow them by mixing tequila, lemon juice and triple sec.
Is drinking margarita harmful?
Drinking margarita in moderate quantities is never harmful.
Is it permissible to drink margarita during pregnancy?
Drinking of margarita during pregnancy is not recommended as it can cause various problems like miscarriage, early births and even malformations.